Sunday, October 10, 2010

June 28, '97

1) We taught some natives the first discussion!
2) Tomorrow is Sunday!
3) The Elders know that I love them! Even though I said, "Be quiet!"
4) I received a tape from my sister and my grandmother talked on it.
5) I continue to feel the Holy Ghost.
80 push-ups
Wow, today really did go fast. I really needed it to! I'm so excited to be in Russia. And with teaching the natives tonight, I simply felt so blessed with the gift of tongues! I understood so much of what was being said and I tried so hard to say what I wanted to and for the most part it worked. I totally know this is the power of the Lord in my personal life.

I am seeing, experiencing, being a very real miracle. I'm so grateful because I know that it's not my faith alone but that of my wonderful family and friends who are praying for me. I am seriously able to move mountains!

I am so grateful to have this opportunity to be experiencing this. I know it is, in fact, a gift from my loving Father in Heaven.

I, of all people, know my limits and lack of ability. I cannot attribute the "success" I feel to any preparation of mine or talent or intelligence that I possess.

Honestly, I am very humbled by the feats that are being accomplished through me as a mere vessel of the Lord's work. I know there are greater things to come!

I must reiterate the gift idea... that my Father has chosen me, called me to bear his message, and has blessed me with the ability to do it.

I love this!! I know I have so much yet to learn, but what a wonderful witness that I'm not doing it on my own -- at all!

I'm so excited to work harder, to know more, to serve better, to grow closer to my Savior. May I serve him well and endure the opportunities for growth that he gives me. I have every desire to go where he wants me to go, to say what he wants me to say, to be what he wants me to be. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment