Sunday, October 10, 2010

June 25, '97

NOTE: the "thankfuls" were written in Russian, and I wasn't always sure what I meant to write -- I did my best with the translation!

1) I ate ice cream, and no one else got it, except my companion -- a friendly worker gave it to me!
2) Only eleven more days here...
3) Lots of free time yesterday and today
4) I continue to feel that a mission is right
5) Lots of new words that I learned today, when I found my scriptures

80 push ups

Oops! My companion and I did not wake up early enough to run this morning. But I didn't sleep at all during study time -- which I was pleased with.
I have found that I love to study out of the Russian scriptures... and while it may mean looking up every other word, that's how I like to learn the words. I truly have felt blessed with the gift of tongues here at the MTC. I pray it continues in the field because only 11 days left until immersion! SWEET! I love the Russian language and the Russian people.
Oh -- we just found out Russian parliament voted against having missionaries in Russia. Oh well. The work of the Lord will continue! Amazing how we took the news with a grain of salt. We all just feel very confident of where we'll be going and when...

No comments:

Post a Comment