Sunday, October 10, 2010

June 24, '97

I KNOW! I just plain know. Ya znayu!! (I know). I can't expressly put it into words other than that. I KNOW.
I know my Savior lives.
I know he has special witnesses on this earth today. I know I am one of them! I have a work to do -- beyond this mission -- a life long mission.
Pres. Faust spoke this morning at a special devotional because Mission Presidents are in training.
I KNOW. That's all there is to it! There is no denying -- no doubting ever again.
I KNOW.
As of this day, June 24, 1997, age 21 and less than 1/2, I have a knowledge. Clear and distinct. The Savior Jesus Christ heads this Church. There is no room in the kingdom for people who don't, won't follow the Savior and make his will theirs, adopting his mannerisms, his characteristics, his love, his nature, his countenance.
I KNOW!! And hence I have a responsibility to live what I know. I know.
I know Joseph Smith is a prophet as is President Hinckley. I know my God is my Heavenly Father, the almighty God of Heaven and Earth, creator of all. I KNOW!!
President Faust, a member of the First Presidency, knows, and so do I, a Sister called to serve a full-time and a full-life mission.
I KNOW! And I love that I know. And I know that my life must be different now that I know. No more excuses. No more wandering around. I KNOW! There is nothing left to do but live by what I know -- to shout it from the housetops, to exclaim by example but also by word that Jesus is the Christ! We can bask in His glory and return to fulfill out potential by embracing His gospel and the eternal truths therein.
I love this! I know I am but a human and must continue to struggle with my weaknesses. But what great hope and glory and joy exists in this knowledge!
I love that I am feeling the Spirit so strongly right now but that I am not crying. My heart is swollen with the light of knowledge -- I can't write fast enough to record it! I am not burdened, however, with tears. It's nice! I feel like it is an added strength to be able to endure the Spirit in great amounts! Wow.
I know I must continue in the day-to-day life but what more strength of purpose there is with this knowledge. I'm so grateful for it!!
I'll write more tonight! I get to hear from President Packer tonight!
1) hearing from two General Authorities in one day -- two apostles, even...
2) receiving a package from Mom by means of my sister, who has arrived safely in Provo.
3) being at the MTC at this time of year and thereby also arriving in Russia when I will.
4) skipping lunch today. My body needed a break from trying to digest it all.
5) the increase in unification in the district!
walk: 15 min; 50 push-ups
Love, Cectpa Bepi

No comments:

Post a Comment